We are not responsible for the content of non Citizens Advice websites – but we think these are pretty good!
- Money Advice Service – Cut-back Your Spending Calculator
- Reclaim PPI for free – MoneySavingExpert’s complete guide
- Gov.uk – Taxes
- TaxAid – help with tax problems if you are on a low income
- Financial Ombudsman – settling disputes between consumers and their banks and other financial institutions
- Find if there is a credit union you can join
Benefits and Tax Credits
- Turn2Us – Benefits calculator
- StepChange – Free Telephone Debt Advice, an on-line Debt Remedy tool that can suggest the best option for you and they can set up DMPs, DROs and IVAs for you.
- National Debtline – Free Telephone Debt Advice and a lot of good Fact Sheets online.
- Business Debtline – Free Telephone Advice if you are self employed or have a small limited company.
- Debt Camel – the personal website of a Citizens Advice advisor, taking a jargon-free approach to debt
- CABmoney – a debt advice information guide and resource created by NE Derbyshire Citizens Advice, including an assisted self-help Debt Management Plan (DMP).
- Stop Loan Sharks – report a loan shark in confidence, or even anonymously.
- Gov.uk – Redundancy
- ACAS – lots of information and a helpline if you have a dispute at work
- Health & Safety Executive
Family, Relationships, Health
- Relate – counselling, support and information on relationships
- Gov.uk – Divorce and Separation
- CAFCASS – Cafcass represents children in family court cases. We make sure that children’s voices are heard and decisions are taken in their best interests.
- Domestic Violence helpline – A freephone 24 hour national Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge.
- Macmillan Cancer support – Practical financial and medical information and support for people with cancer and their families
- Mind – Mental Health
- Carers UK – trying to make life better for carers
- Samaritans – someone to talk to about what is troubling you
- Age UK – Arranging for someone to make decisions about your finance or welfare (Power of Attorney and other options)
- Age UK – Care and Home information on housing choices, including care homes and what help you can get in your own home
- Gov.uk – State Pension
- Pension Wise – Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth is a Pension Wise centre, so we can organise a face-to-face appointment at our offices if you are over 50 and thinking of taking money out of your pension.